error start up application couldn't find BROWSEUI.dll.

March 22, 2005 9:45:05 PM

Dear freinds out there, my pc has windows xp, i downloded the new service
pack 2, when it finished it asked me to restart my pc so I did, after that
when I tried to log back in, no luck is like everything is gone from the pc,
I start the pc it welcomes me then it takes me to the desktop screen but
there is nothing on it, only these little window telling me about the error,
not being able to find BROWSEUI.dll, please help is my sister computer and of
course she is very angry at me,
Thank you to all of you out there
--
Tiooito, don't know anything about computers but, I want to learn.
March 23, 2005 1:39:06 AM

Well if you were to learn to swim in the same manner as learing computers you
have jumped in at the deep end of the pool.

It may be that your PC was infected with a virus and that it has affected
the installation of SP2.

It is unlikely that 'everything has gone': this is not the nature of the
installation of SP2. It may simply be that the browser, being in error,
won't open and you cannot 'view' system details or 'browse' the hard drives.

If possible start the PC in safe mode and run your anti virus application.

If not then get help to scan the hard drive on another computer with
uptodate anti virus software.

Delete any viruses and try booting up to Windows.

If Windows still won't run then perform a repair installation of your
original XP.

!