Hibernate problem

I used to use hibernate, but when i reformated my computer it doesnt work
anymore. I go to enable it in power options and when i press apply a dialog
box comes up and says "this file is being used by another process cannot
continue". Im using the same apps that i used before re-imaging.
1 answer Last reply
More about hibernate problem

    Hi Trent Davis,

    Here is some insight from Darrell Gorter [MS] regarding this error message:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=zV0IA7EhCHA.548%40cpmsftngxa09

    Well, that may be just an example. The core cause would be a kernel mode
    component, driver/service which is causing this. Here is another case:

    Alcohol Soft discussion and support forums:
    http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?s=f91f8bb9533b6f47390fbda24076af69&showtopic=14749

    If nothing helps, you may need to verify the third-party services/drivers
    loaded from this registry key:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

    NOTE: If you are not confident about the last step, have a qualified tech
    deal with that step. Modifying the "Services" incorrectly may cause severe
    problems.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Trent Davis" <Trent Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I used to use hibernate, but when i reformated my computer it doesnt work
    > anymore. I go to enable it in power options and when i press apply a
    > dialog
    > box comes up and says "this file is being used by another process cannot
    > continue". Im using the same apps that i used before re-imaging.

Hibernate Microsoft Windows XP