bad pool caller

how can I get rid of the blue screen with bad_pool_caller 0x0000000C2 code
when I go to standby after finishing my work. I am a novice but can follow
directions well. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about pool caller

    Hi,

    This is not easy, even for an expert. The error indicates a device driver
    problem, but isolating it can be a lot of work. It could be one that was
    recently updated, or one that has been corrupted and needs to be
    reinstalled. It could also be two or more that are in conflict with each
    other. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that one or more of them is
    not supporting that function correctly. If it had worked previously, then
    think about changes made to the system since then.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "sdb" <sdb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > how can I get rid of the blue screen with bad_pool_caller 0x0000000C2 code
    > when I go to standby after finishing my work. I am a novice but can
    > follow
    > directions well. Thanks

    Hi sdb,

    To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
    verifier.
    Steps:
    1) Windows Key + R
    2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
    3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
    4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
    5) Reboot

    There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
    occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
    the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
    'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
    driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

    This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
    will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
    the blue screen will hopefully say something like
    "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
    corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
    If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
    hesitate to e-mail me back. Good Luck,

    Joshua Smith
    OpenGL Test Lab
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is not easy, even for an expert. The error indicates a device driver
    > problem, but isolating it can be a lot of work. It could be one that was
    > recently updated, or one that has been corrupted and needs to be
    > reinstalled. It could also be two or more that are in conflict with each
    > other. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that one or more of them
    > is not supporting that function correctly. If it had worked previously,
    > then think about changes made to the system since then.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "sdb" <sdb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> how can I get rid of the blue screen with bad_pool_caller 0x0000000C2
    >> code
    >> when I go to standby after finishing my work. I am a novice but can
    >> follow
    >> directions well. Thanks

  3. I to had this problem when I followed your steps to verify the driver I did get a different BSOD error: 0x000000D6. The driver is attempting to access memory beyond the end of the allocation. What does that mean?
  4. Necropost

Support Blue Screen Microsoft Windows XP