Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterfoxx

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
I am trying to get the best laptop that is powerful, suited for multitasking, virtualization and has a long battery life.

1. What is your budget?
upto 1100$ or (MAX 50000 INR)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14 - 17 Inches (15 or better will be good)

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Decent resolution. (No need for HD and all)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I want it to be heavily powerful and portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Al least 4 hours on a single full charge (is it too much to expect??)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
I dont play games on laptop. I have a monster of a desktop for that. I am going to run for the majority of time in my laptop, so it does not even need to have GPU.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Little bit of photoshop, lots of coding, running several servers and application simultaneously, surfing the web etc..

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250GB is ok for me.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I have no such restrictions

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 4 yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I need it to be able to read and burn regular dvd's and cd's, bluray is not required.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell, HP and Sony are my brands as they dont go haywire in Indian conditions. But please suggest other brands if they are a good deal than the 3 brands I prefer

13. What country do you live in?
India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I m looking for performance, something really fast installing programs, rebooting etc. I prefer a clock of atleast 2.2 GHz + and will be happy if clock is around 3GHz. I will be running Ubuntu, so a bit of linux support will do good.

Solution
HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC

A1L97AV

dark umber
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics(TM) [HDMI, VGA]
FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
660GB 7200 rpm Dual Drive (160GB SSD/500GB 7200 rpm) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
No additional security software
30% OFF High Capacity 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
17.3" HD+ HP BrightView LED (1600 x 900)
FREE UPGRADE to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner...

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC

A1L97AV

dark umber
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics(TM) [HDMI, VGA]
FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
660GB 7200 rpm Dual Drive (160GB SSD/500GB 7200 rpm) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)
No additional security software
30% OFF High Capacity 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
17.3" HD+ HP BrightView LED (1600 x 900)
FREE UPGRADE to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
802.11b/g/n WLAN
Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
2 year limited warranty included
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Estimated ship date: April 16, 2012

This ships free Free standard shipping on this item

The HP Home & Home Office Store will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 21 days after delivery

« Save for re-order

Remove »
Qty. Update »
Price: $1,614.99
Coupon: –$450.00
Price after savings: $1,164.99

http://www.dealigg.com/story-HP-Pavilion-dv7t-Quad-Edition-series

and you can get this under $1100 if you get rid of the SSD. Hybrid drives also available also.

Solution

hunterfoxx

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

Thanks for the quick response. I love this laptop except for the price tag.

The processor for a max of 50000 INR (1000 USD) is only i3 - 2330M. I am looking at 4 cores to have max performance. I am impressed by i7 2670QM, bu then the price jumps to 1 151 USD. Really 1100$ is my max budget. Cant go beyond that.

I don't need the GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus which adds the extra cost. Any options for laptops at 1000$ with i7 - 2670QM or i5 - 2450M???

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

follow the link, and custimize to your needs, it will less than 1000

hunterfoxx

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

chudddds, You rock. This is one of the perfect finds for my needs. Thanks to you, I am getting a best fit in 3 hours. Your opinions in other threads too helped me. Thanks for the help you have provided. :)

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

you are welcome

but you need to thank mr pabst

most of the "experts" here were not even born when me and tom used to go at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will give thomas this credit, i learned everthing i knew about overclocking form him, sort off

this place is a completely different world

Status
Not open for further replies.