turning raw frames into avi

Status
Not open for further replies.

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I know there is a way to do this, but I'm freaking out that I can't find out how

How do you take a bunch of raw frames (like a short avi files just converted into individual frames) and turn them back into an avi file?

It's all good ^_^

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
If I use a program (like irfanview) to turn a short .avi into individual frames, a lot of them, I want to paint on them and then compress the frames back into the .avi, I don't need sound for this

I love virtualdub, I hope it can do this for me. Could you explain where this is at in virtualdub, I can't seem to find it

It's all good ^_^

thaloc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
In menu 'File' -> 'Open video file...' select 'image sequence' as file type. File names shoud have numbers at the end, like pic001.bmp, pic002.bmp, pic003.bmp,... Select first file and VirtualDub will load all of them like a regular video file. Then you can go to 'Video' -> 'Frame rate...' to set fps to whatever you want. In menu 'audio' you can add then audio track, from external WAV file (you can extract audio from avi to wav using 'File' -> 'Save WAV...' option).

Status
Not open for further replies.