CD Rom burns photo files but I can't view them

I can burn photos on to a CD but when I then try to view them the drive
treats the CD as if it's blank and the files don't appear. When I put the CD
in my DVD player all of the pics are there so I know the drive is burning the
files properly. The CD Rom also burns and plays audio files just fine. I
know I didn't used to have this problem as I've burned and viewed photos
before on my PC but it's been awhile and I couldn't guess if I've changed or
dowloaded anything that may be causing this? Any help will be greatly
appreciated!

shaun

You say you can see the pictures on the cd, but what error or what happans
when you dub click or open the pix...?

"july62" <july62 @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can burn photos on to a CD but when I then try to view them the drive
> treats the CD as if it's blank and the files don't appear. When I put the
CD
> in my DVD player all of the pics are there so I know the drive is burning
the
> files properly. The CD Rom also burns and plays audio files just fine. I
> know I didn't used to have this problem as I've burned and viewed photos
> before on my PC but it's been awhile and I couldn't guess if I've changed
or
> dowloaded anything that may be causing this? Any help will be greatly
> appreciated!

No, when I insert the CD in to my PC I can't see the picture files at all.
It's like the PC treats the disc as a blank disc. The drive did burn / copy
the files successfully though becasue I can take that same CD, put it in my
DVD player and all of the files are there and perfectly viewable.

Thanks

"Shaun" wrote:

> You say you can see the pictures on the cd, but what error or what happans
> when you dub click or open the pix...?
>
> "july62" <july62 @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can burn photos on to a CD but when I then try to view them the drive
> > treats the CD as if it's blank and the files don't appear. When I put the
> CD
> > in my DVD player all of the pics are there so I know the drive is burning
> the
> > files properly. The CD Rom also burns and plays audio files just fine. I
> > know I didn't used to have this problem as I've burned and viewed photos
> > before on my PC but it's been awhile and I couldn't guess if I've changed
> or
> > dowloaded anything that may be causing this? Any help will be greatly
> > appreciated!

frodo

did you mistakenly make the CD multi-session? Windows Explorer can't
read non-finalized multisession disks, typically they show up with a zero
length audio file and nothing else in Explorer.

launch the program you used to make the cd (nero or ez-cd presumably),
and check if it can "see" the files on the disk. If so it is probably
multisession, and you need to "finalize" the disk before XP can read it.
finalize it by copying one last file to it, and make sure "finalize" is
checked in the burn dialog.