what's your favorite S.D driving game ?

Last response: in Video Games
March 9, 2005 7:33:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

One of my favorites is Cruisin Exotica but anyone like anything better and
why ?

More about : favorite driving game

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:33:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hydro Thunder!!!!!

And Rush 2049 (but I don't have one of those yet :-( )

"Ron - NY" <ronscore@optonline.net> wrote in message
> One of my favorites is Cruisin Exotica but anyone like anything better and
> why ?

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:28:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

> what's your favorite S.D driving game ?

Avoiding the former state govenor's need for speed...
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/newsandupdates/Janklow...

"Ron - NY" <ronscore@optonline.net> wrote in message
> One of my favorites is Cruisin Exotica but anyone like anything better and
> why ?
March 11, 2005 12:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

My all time fav is Race Drivin'

This game and I go way back, I have a ton of found memories of this game
with friends. All through jr.high and high school, When we would do the
whole drunk driving contest thing : ) It was the second game that I bought
for my home, after a year I still get the same feeling as when friends and I
would literally run from the parking lot in front of the arcade to be the
first one to get in the Cockpit and have the first game.

Also the feedback steering, instant replay, realistic shifter and clutch are
just too cool : )

The newer games also rock but this will always be my favourite

almost forgot to mention how much I (and my 9 year old sister) like to hit
the cow, MmmmOOOOoooo

: )
Rob Z.

> One of my favorites is Cruisin Exotica but anyone like anything better and
> why ?
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 1:28:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Spyhunter, Winding Heat, and Hard Drivin in that order.

I don't really remember many others that I found that much fun. Turbo
and Pole Position were okay, just not that great.

Spyhunter is cool because of the music and the interaction with the
other cars.

Winding heat is fun because it has pretty realistic force feedback
steering and the cars are somewhat realistic in speed and abilities.
Pretty challenging too.

Hard driving because of the obstacle course, force feedback steering,
and the "instant replay" of your crashes.

Pat D.

Ron - NY wrote:
> One of my favorites is Cruisin Exotica but anyone like anything better and
> why ?

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:19:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Daytona USA

It is the closest to real racing that there is. Nothing more fun than
closing the gap on your friend and crashing him into the wall.
Realistic shifting, force feedback, and a dented car after crashing.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 5:40:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Mine is Sega Super GT. Love the GT car theme and even though Ferrari
F355 and other games are more realistic, have more features, like Rob
Z. the whole college memory thing keeps this game fun for me. It is
the most played of the games I have. All it needs are cup holders for
the beer.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:58:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I stick with Hydro thunder.. My wife and I used to go play it to death when
we were dating.. I think that's why we wanted one so bad.. now if I could
just find the money to get another one!!!

I'd love a pair 355 3 screen version, but man.. it would take a crew to get
that thing in my house (not to mention the loan to pay for them!!!).

Brian Emmel
<dan.littlejohn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mine is Sega Super GT. Love the GT car theme and even though Ferrari
> F355 and other games are more realistic, have more features, like Rob
> Z. the whole college memory thing keeps this game fun for me. It is
> the most played of the games I have. All it needs are cup holders for
> the beer.

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 9:09:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

was roadblasters ever sit down?
March 11, 2005 9:24:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

yes it was,

Call me simple, but I liked turbo.
I have never played any of the newer racing games.
Best one I remember from the old days.

Pole Position rates #2 for me.

Troy,

!