Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
check out The Tillman Story
watched it recently and it was pretty interesting
so was The Wildest Dream, Conquest of Everest

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
If any of you have Netflix (quickster?) you have to watch the documentary / miniseries Baker Boys.

This is one of the best "War" documentaries I have ever seen. Well this and restrepo.

It follows a war reporter embedded with infantry in the 2008 surge. The soldiers tell you exactly what is going on what they think about their roles in Iraq, How they feel about their duties.

Most mind blowing for me was how they pay off tribal leaders. Watch it mind blowing for anyone who wants to know what the hell is going on.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I watched two good ones this weekend

Rape of Europa - A doc about Hitlers fascination with art. I knew he was a failed artist, but his love of artwork actually affected his invasion plans. He would hand out lists of artwork he wanted his soldiers to steal.

Loose change 9/11 - A controversial 9/11 documentary. Very interesting coincidences happened that day.......

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Broad Street Bullies if you like hockey.
Food Inc. if you want to never eat fast food again.
Iron Maiden Flight 666 because it's Iron Maiden
Religulous, Zeitgeist, Restrepo, Mugabi and the White African, Love the beast, and of course The Corporation are necessities with a documenary collection.
If you can count series as docs as well the Ross Kemp on gangs amd the Long Way Round are really good.

Onimi

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Food Matters is a pretty good documentary. I just watched another on youtube the other day called Documentary on how the media lies to manipulate us. I enjoyed that one quite a bit.