Firewall warning when firewall OK

I recently updated from Windows ME and am plagued by a warning balloon at end
of boot-up saying my firewall is turned off when Security Centre says it is
not. Can you suggest why this is and how to sort it, please? Am I safe even
when I get this warning?
My computer did have an out-of-date Macaffee program and I deleted what I
could find of it after the update and installed 'Avasti!' which seems to work
fine. Is it that which is interferring with the security warning or firewall?
--
Roger

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

It could be referring to autoupdates not being turned on..???

"Roger Kellett" wrote:

> I recently updated from Windows ME and am plagued by a warning balloon at end
> of boot-up saying my firewall is turned off when Security Centre says it is
> not. Can you suggest why this is and how to sort it, please? Am I safe even
> when I get this warning?
> My computer did have an out-of-date Macaffee program and I deleted what I
> could find of it after the update and installed 'Avasti!' which seems to work
> fine. Is it that which is interferring with the security warning or firewall?
> --
> Roger

Thanks, Steve, but Security Centre says auto updates are turned on