How do I delete files and folders that were created by an application wich I
later uninstalled (Bittorrent). I get an error message saying that the files
can't be deleted because the target directory can't be found.

What can I do?

Try booting into Safe Mode (press F8 key before windows logo appears) and
then delete.

Can you see the directory from a DOS prompt ?

Regards,

TimH