Printer only works for one user

March 23, 2005 9:19:02 AM

We have one printer, it works O.K. for me as user(admin) but when my wife
logs on it shows x'ed out on tray and does not work. Please advise, Jimmy J.

More about : printer works user

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:26:53 PM

Log on as your wife.
Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
!