Printer only works for one user

We have one printer, it works O.K. for me as user(admin) but when my wife
logs on it shows x'ed out on tray and does not work. Please advise, Jimmy J.
1 answer Last reply
More about printer works user

    Log on as your wife.
    Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
    select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Jimmy J." <JimmyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B07B702-B4CB-4136-8C4A-99226A15F02E@microsoft.com...
    > We have one printer, it works O.K. for me as user(admin) but when my wife
    > logs on it shows x'ed out on tray and does not work. Please advise, Jimmy J.

Support Microsoft Printers Windows XP