Saving your settings

My system still takes forever to restart. Hangs up on "Saving Your
Settings". Have not been able to find a solution.
2 answers Last reply
More about saving settings

    Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and click OK
    Go to the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except your anti-virus
    Click Apply and Close. Reboot.

    "JohnG" wrote:

    > My system still takes forever to restart. Hangs up on "Saving Your
    > Settings". Have not been able to find a solution.

    Done, but no change. Also, there is a program there I do not recognize -
    mdt.exe

    Sometimes when I logoff, a window pops up for this program indicating it is
    still running and is being shutdown.

    Is it a Windows program?

    Another program with the same behavior is ccApp.

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and click OK
    > Go to the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except your
    > anti-virus
    > Click Apply and Close. Reboot.
    >
    > "JohnG" wrote:
    >
    >> My system still takes forever to restart. Hangs up on "Saving Your
    >> Settings". Have not been able to find a solution.

Support Microsoft Windows XP