SATA Hard Disk problem

Can anyone help?

I have just replaced 2 IDE drives in my PC with 2 SATA drives (Seagate
Barracuda 120gb). I now find that when either of the drives is engaged in
intensive activity they keep stopping for around 20secs at a time run slowly
or the system hangs.
--
SB

"Steve_Digi" <SteveDigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help?
>
> I have just replaced 2 IDE drives in my PC with 2 SATA drives
> (Seagate
> Barracuda 120gb). I now find that when either of the drives is
> engaged in
> intensive activity they keep stopping for around 20secs at a time
> run slowly
> or the system hangs.
> --
> SB

Trying removing one. Or did you set them up in a raid array? Did you
ghost the Operating system to one of the new drives from the old drive
or is this a fresh install?

In the future it would be very helpful to include at least your basic
system specs. Like M/B model, how much Ram, Processor type and speed
etc...

I have my specs placed in OE as one of a few signatures so all I have
to do is add that sig to the email and that way I don't have to type
it more than once when requesting help.