SATA Hard Disk problem

Can anyone help?

I have just replaced 2 IDE drives in my PC with 2 SATA drives (Seagate
Barracuda 120gb). I now find that when either of the drives is engaged in
intensive activity they keep stopping for around 20secs at a time run slowly
or the system hangs.
--
SB
1 answer Last reply

    "Steve_Digi" <SteveDigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > I have just replaced 2 IDE drives in my PC with 2 SATA drives
    > (Seagate
    > Barracuda 120gb). I now find that when either of the drives is
    > engaged in
    > intensive activity they keep stopping for around 20secs at a time
    > run slowly
    > or the system hangs.
    > --
    > SB

    Trying removing one. Or did you set them up in a raid array? Did you
    ghost the Operating system to one of the new drives from the old drive
    or is this a fresh install?

    In the future it would be very helpful to include at least your basic
    system specs. Like M/B model, how much Ram, Processor type and speed
    etc...

    I have my specs placed in OE as one of a few signatures so all I have
    to do is add that sig to the email and that way I don't have to type
    it more than once when requesting help.

SATA Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP