Sign in with
Your question

Best antivirus win. 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
June 19, 2010 8:24:49 AM

Which is the best antivirus for windows 7 ?

More about : antivirus win

June 19, 2010 4:06:37 PM

Use and reccomend Kaspersky Antivirus or Internet security myself.
You can get a free 30day trial at www.kaspersky.com and it's around £20-£30 to buy for a year after that.
Been using the Internet security and Windows firewall for a couple of years now with no issues at all.
However, whichever antivirus you end up with the best defence is being savvy and not going to dodgy sites or downloading junk.

Works on both 32 and 64bit versions of windows 7.

If you decide on something else then for the love of god make sure it's not McAfee or Norton.
Related resources
June 19, 2010 6:39:56 PM

I've been hearing good things about Vipre
a b 8 Security
a c 371 $ Windows 7
a b è Antivirus
July 6, 2010 4:47:55 PM

gdata!
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2010 6:13:52 AM

Download & Install the following 3 freewares & Keep them always updated. It forms a free complete security suite for your system!
1. Avira Anvivir - http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html .
Avira is best & light solution for excellent overall system protection & internet security with real time updates, .

2. Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best & effective antimalware tool out there.

3. Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download .
CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool with an efficient & most useful registry cleaner.

The Best Security & System Optimization combo for all types of systems.
July 8, 2010 6:40:50 PM

Only problem is with the free stuff. Is that the comapny has no obligation to you. My friend uses AVG some how after like five years he gets a virus. He call AVG and they help him fix it. They anayalized files and also tell him how to fix the virus. You can't get that from free programs.
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2010 7:10:07 PM

tank said:
Only problem is with the free stuff. Is that the comapny has no obligation to you. My friend uses AVG some how after like five years he gets a virus. He call AVG and they help him fix it. They anayalized files and also tell him how to fix the virus. You can't get that from free programs.

My dad had a virus about 2 months ago. He uses McCafee on his pc and they charged him an additional $80 for help on diagnosing, fixing and removing the virus.

I'd rather stick with a free anti-virus program. Used them for 4 years and no problems...
a b $ Windows 7
July 9, 2010 1:07:05 AM

tank said:

Well, better to have a free anti-virus program, than no anti-virus program.

I basically use the free version of Avast!, free version of Malwarebytes, and CCleaner (which is a free program).
July 9, 2010 5:06:11 AM

Relax guys. LOL all i said was a fact of life. Free stuff is nice but comes at a price of not having people to potentially help fix ur problems. I agree a free program is better than no program.

McCafee home version is and has become of the worst security programs out their. Only the industrial version is worth anything. I am not surprised they did that believe or not.

Here is a good question, which free quality software has a firewall?
July 9, 2010 6:32:56 AM

I personally prefer Trend Micro Internet Security Pro but it can be a little pricey. IMHO the best free-ware anti-virus out there is AVG.
July 9, 2010 6:54:15 AM

Kaspersky.
a b $ Windows 7
July 9, 2010 9:39:01 AM

Wow! No one mentioned Microsoft Security Essentials yet... It's absolutely free and works wonderfully well with Windows 7. It also doesn't nag you constantly.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
July 9, 2010 1:55:48 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Wow! No one mentioned Microsoft Security Essentials yet... It's absolutely free and works wonderfully well with Windows 7. It also doesn't nag you constantly.

It's one of the AVs recommended in my guide. :D 
a b $ Windows 7
July 9, 2010 2:03:52 PM

aford10 said:
It's one of the AVs recommended in my guide. :D 

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.. :) 
July 10, 2010 4:54:34 PM

The_Prophecy said:
Invalid question. No such program exists. For some recommendations on antivirus programs, have a look at this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/7754-63-guide-prevent...

Can you please expand on your "no such program exists" comment (i browsed through the link provided, but that didn't shed any light on your comment)?
a c 215 $ Windows 7
July 10, 2010 8:27:21 PM

There is no such thing as the best antivirus. It's all a matter of opinion and personal preference. We can give you suggestions for some good ones to use, but there is no one single program that qualifies as the best of every one out there.
!