system information won't open

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information. What
services are needed to run it?

Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I go on.
I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I have
nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

MSINFO opens Help Center : IF, the file %windir%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\OfflineCache\index.dat is missing.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:450ED52C-B858-45E0-951A-CE73A2459888@microsoft.com...
>I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information. What
> services are needed to run it?
>
> Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I go on.
> I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I have
> nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

John

When you reply to messages answering your questions please do not select
new post. Use the Reply button.

Is the Windows XP SP2 update installed?

Is this a standalone or networked computer? Are you logged on as a
Limited User or as a User with full permissions?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information.
>What
> services are needed to run it?
>
> Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I
> go on.
> I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I
> have
> nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It's windows xp with sp2 already in it. It's a standalone computer and I'm
logged on as user with full permissions.

When I click the system imformation link, it seems like it wants to open but
it won't. I tried the reg file from Kellys Korner and that didn't work
either.

John

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> John
>
> When you reply to messages answering your questions please do not select
> new post. Use the Reply button.
>
> Is the Windows XP SP2 update installed?
>
> Is this a standalone or networked computer? Are you logged on as a
> Limited User or as a User with full permissions?
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information.
> >What
> > services are needed to run it?
> >
> > Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I
> > go on.
> > I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I
> > have
> > nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

No this isn't what I asked, I asked about the system information that is
under the start menu in accessories.........clicking on this does not work,
it will not open.

John

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> MSINFO opens Help Center : IF, the file %windir%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\OfflineCache\index.dat is missing.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:450ED52C-B858-45E0-951A-CE73A2459888@microsoft.com...
> >I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information. What
> > services are needed to run it?
> >
> > Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I go on.
> > I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I have
> > nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

Your security issue might be related to the new 'lockdown' feature (or 'mark of the Web" feature)

Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an HTML file on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-b:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461

Mark of the Web: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/motw.asp

--

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3258989-B65B-4CF1-90D2-7323B9C787BF@microsoft.com...
> No this isn't what I asked, I asked about the system information that is
> under the start menu in accessories.........clicking on this does not work,
> it will not open.
>
> John
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> MSINFO opens Help Center : IF, the file %windir%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\OfflineCache\index.dat is missing.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:450ED52C-B858-45E0-951A-CE73A2459888@microsoft.com...
>> >I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information. What
>> > services are needed to run it?
>> >
>> > Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site I go on.
>> > I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I have
>> > nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

John

Check whether the problem is the shortcut or the file itself. The
msinfo32.exe will be found here "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe". Does it open if you double click
msinfo32.exe?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> It's windows xp with sp2 already in it. It's a standalone computer
> and I'm
> logged on as user with full permissions.
>
> When I click the system imformation link, it seems like it wants to
> open but
> it won't. I tried the reg file from Kellys Korner and that didn't
> work
> either.
>
> John
>
> "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
>
>> John
>>
>> When you reply to messages answering your questions please do not
>> select
>> new post. Use the Reply button.
>>
>> Is the Windows XP SP2 update installed?
>>
>> Is this a standalone or networked computer? Are you logged on as a
>> Limited User or as a User with full permissions?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> FCA
>>
>> Using invalid email address
>>
>> Stourport, Worcs, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Please tell the newsgroup how any
>> suggested solution worked for you.
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I went there and ran the reg file but still no system information.
>> >What
>> > services are needed to run it?
>> >
>> > Also why is everything set on trusted zone, no matter what web site
>> > go on.
>> > I have the settings in options the way there supposed to be, and I
>> > have
>> > nothing listed for trusted site too. Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Noit doesn't open when I click on that either. I even repaired it from
Kelly's Korner had a reg file to fix it but it still didn't work.

John

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> John
>
> Check whether the problem is the shortcut or the file itself. The
> msinfo32.exe will be found here "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe". Does it open if you double click
> msinfo32.exe?
>

> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's windows xp with sp2 already in it. It's a standalone computer
> > and I'm
> > logged on as user with full permissions.
> >
> > When I click the system imformation link, it seems like it wants to
> > open but
> > it won't. I tried the reg file from Kellys Korner and that didn't
> > work
> > either.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
> >
> >> John
> >>
> >> When you reply to messages answering your questions please do not
> >> select
> >> new post. Use the Reply button.
> >>
> >> Is the Windows XP SP2 update installed?
> >>
> >> Is this a standalone or networked computer? Are you logged on as a
> >> Limited User or as a User with full permissions?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Gerry
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> FCA
> >>
> >> Using invalid email address
> >>
> >> Stourport, Worcs, England
> >> Enquire, plan and execute.
> >> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> >> suggested solution worked for you.
> >>
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> >> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

John,
try this: go to "http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm" and look for
item 172 on this page. This is a batch file you can download and run as a
workaround for the MSINFO32 no-run issue.