Boot up with XP pro and XP home

March 23, 2005 1:12:49 PM

When the computer starts up it allows me to choose
between Xp Home or Pro because the system came with XP
home. I later tried to install XP pro and the decided on
sticking with XP Home. How can I remove the XP pro so it
starts up with XP home automatically?

More about : boot pro home

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 1:31:05 PM

hi ,

open the hidden boot.ini in c:\ and look for this line

timeout=30

change this to

timeout=0

save the file and restart your pc

more ref:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

regards
senthil
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:23:00 PM

The problem is that XP pro is the second on the list and
it starts instead of home after 30 seconds. This would be
okay if XP pro worked on my computer. What I need is for
home to start. Or else I believe if the comp started with
pro with no time delay It would be another headache.

Cheers,

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 7:08:57 PM

Boot into XP Home.
Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box.
Click OK.
Click on the Boot.ini tab.
Click on "Check all boot paths".
It should find the entry for Pro and ask if you want to remove it
from the startup list.
Click Yes.

--
Nepatsfan