Boot up with XP pro and XP home

When the computer starts up it allows me to choose
between Xp Home or Pro because the system came with XP
home. I later tried to install XP pro and the decided on
sticking with XP Home. How can I remove the XP pro so it
starts up with XP home automatically?
3 answers Last reply
More about boot home

    hi ,

    open the hidden boot.ini in c:\ and look for this line

    timeout=30

    change this to

    timeout=0

    save the file and restart your pc

    more ref:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

    regards
    senthil

    The problem is that XP pro is the second on the list and
    it starts instead of home after 30 seconds. This would be
    okay if XP pro worked on my computer. What I need is for
    home to start. Or else I believe if the comp started with
    pro with no time delay It would be another headache.

    Cheers,

    Boot into XP Home.
    Go to Start -> Run and type msconfig in the Open box.
    Click OK.
    Click on the Boot.ini tab.
    Click on "Check all boot paths".
    It should find the entry for Pro and ask if you want to remove it
    from the startup list.
    Click Yes.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Nick ALG" <nick@alookingglass.com> wrote in message
    > When the computer starts up it allows me to choose
    > between Xp Home or Pro because the system came with XP
    > home. I later tried to install XP pro and the decided on
    > sticking with XP Home. How can I remove the XP pro so it
    > starts up with XP home automatically?

Support Computers Boot Microsoft Windows XP