Problem with switching users

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 23, 2005 11:56:53 PM

Need a little assistance.

I've encountered a problem on two WinXP Home machines I have.

I have 5 users accounts and the Guest account activitated with "Fast
Switching" enable for the users.

Recently I've encountered a problem where when one user is left logged in
and you attempt to switch to another user all it does is "recycle" the users
welcome screen without loggin the second user in.

If you completely log out the first user than log in the second user it
works fine.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

More about : problem switching users

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:50:31 AM

Keyboards, and other hardware have been showing up with errors like that.

"Stop 0x0000000A" Error Message When You Fast Switch Between Users: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310918

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509