Tech : HELP! NEED info on Konami/Stern pinout

Glenn

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I am wiring up an adapter for a Super Cobra and cant remember if pin 1 is on
the bottom or top with the edge connector facing right.
I dont have the PCB in front of me but al pics I see lead me to believe its
on the bottom.

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

That would be pin #1 on the parts side...

"Glenn" <asparagus_makes_my_pee_smell@_remove_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am wiring up an adapter for a Super Cobra and cant remember if pin 1 is
on
> the bottom or top with the edge connector facing right.
> I dont have the PCB in front of me but al pics I see lead me to believe
its
> on the bottom.
>
> Thanks
> Glenn

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

if you turn the pinout right 90', going from left to right,
A () B (Parts side)
-5V 1 +12V
SPKR1 2 SPKR2
2P fire 1 3 2P fire 2
2P left 4 2P right
1P start 5 2P start
1P fire 2 6 2P up
1P fire 1 7 service
1P right 8 1P left
1P up 9 2P down
Coin 1 10 Coin 2
1P down 11 Coin counter
12
Green 13 Blue
Red 14 Sync (composite negative)
15
GND 16 GND
GND 17 GND
+5V 18 +5V

"Raven" <dr_evball@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try looking at this link. Maybe it will help you out:
>
> http://www.coil.com/~rickk/konamfaq.htm#pinout

Glenn

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

now this makes sense.

I was looking at my rush n' attack pcb and its flipped completely to the
left, it confused me even more.

So I point the edge connector up nd left to right is the pinout. OK !

Thanks,
Glenn

"VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> if you turn the pinout right 90', going from left to right,
> A () B (Parts side)
> -5V 1 +12V
> SPKR1 2 SPKR2
> 2P fire 1 3 2P fire 2
> 2P left 4 2P right
> 1P start 5 2P start
> 1P fire 2 6 2P up
> 1P fire 1 7 service
> 1P right 8 1P left
> 1P up 9 2P down
> Coin 1 10 Coin 2
> 1P down 11 Coin counter
> 12
> Green 13 Blue
> Red 14 Sync (composite negative)
> 15
> GND 16 GND
> GND 17 GND
> +5V 18 +5V
>
> "Raven" <dr_evball@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try looking at this link. Maybe it will help you out:
> >
> > http://www.coil.com/~rickk/konamfaq.htm#pinout

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Should point out where pin 15 should be is a notch/key