ATI or NVIDEA ?

Tal_Shiar

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2003
hi guys
well as the title suggests im just wanting to know what u all think i should have in my new system,ATI or NVIDEA?
which cards perform the best,got about £200 to spend,perhaps a little more on the GC itself.

cheers

Chris

Chris

cleeve

Illustrious
Price/performance king right now is the 9600 PRO, or maybe the 9600 XT which is a little more but comes with a half-life voucher.

------------------
Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
3dMark03: 4055

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Geforce3 is the way to go...I happen to have one right here that I'll sell to you for that 200 Euros... :wink:
9600 xt - just becuase you get HL2 with it and it annihilates the 5600 ultra...

It's all Bush's fault

Matrox, Matrox!

The P650 can probably be had for about 150 euros (list 169) Euros, and maybe even the P750 (list 249). And the P750 will give you triple monitor support for surround gaming. The graphics cards will also give you the best image quality and multi-monitor support, and unparalleled 2D graphics. 3D graphics you ask, sure it does that too, and the IMAGE quality is so great who needs FPS! And your MS Office 2003 documents will look great, taking full advantage of all those nice new features and fonts.

Very nice cards indeed.

Get one NOW!

The Preceeding was brought to you by: The 'Save Matrox Gaming foundation', bringing image quality back into the equation a an exponential function. :wink:

Hehe! Couldn't help it, gotta support my guys every once in a while. :evil:

Now in all seriousnees, the R9600Pro/XT are good solid choices, currently ATI looks to have better architecture, but not all the FX5700 reviews are in yet, so who know that that brings to the table untill alll is revealed.

'All will be revealed, Take no notice of the man behind the curtain!'

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
the table has changed!
if the FX5700Ultra is the same price with 9600XT~~ i'd go with the 5700Ultra :D:D:D:D:

SUCK THAT fanATics!!! while Mojo's screwing up ATi, nVidia is gonna kick some ATi butt

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

What table, the Shademark Table? No they still favour ATI. :tongue:

Oh you mean the TABLES have TURNED!??! Ahh!!!

See to much lack of IQ has hurt your IQ, Envy-Boy... err nVBoi! :tongue:

So you gonna RMA your new purchase to WAIT for the Next purchase justin time to see the RV380 benchmarks so you can RMA that FX5700 too? pwink]

I'm just happy there's true competition again. And wait for the Re-spin (if there is one), or for the boards that Hercules puts out. Then we'll talk who's the setting whos' table! :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

TRENDING THREADS