In desparate need of help

Hi, first time poster & I don't know much about computers

My initial problem:

Right whenever i log into hotmail, paypal the window i'm in
automatically disappears. If i enter my password incorrectly the window
stays.

Whenever i try to open Norton Anti Virus it does the same

It was recommended:

I download Spybot - search and Destroy.....I attempted this but window
closes straight away

Whenever i type this into google etc the window closes. whenever i
type 'virus' into a search engine it closes

Can anyone help???????

--
wba_go_boing

Hi,

Try doing a system restore to the time when your computer was working
properly. Start---All
Programs---Accessories---System Tools---System Restore.

Newtechie

"wba_go_boing" <wba_go_boing.1mdedn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi, first time poster & I don't know much about computers
>

> My initial problem:
>
> Right whenever i log into hotmail, paypal the window i'm in
> automatically disappears. If i enter my password incorrectly the window
> stays.
>
> Whenever i try to open Norton Anti Virus it does the same
>

> It was recommended:
>
> I download Spybot - search and Destroy.....I attempted this but window
> closes straight away
>

> Whenever i type this into google etc the window closes. whenever i
> type 'virus' into a search engine it closes
>

> Can anyone help???????
>

> --
> wba_go_boing

map

"wba_go_boing" wrote:

> Hi, first time poster & I don't know much about computers
>

> My initial problem:
>
> Right whenever i log into hotmail, paypal the window i'm in
> automatically disappears. If i enter my password incorrectly the window
> stays.
>
> Whenever i try to open Norton Anti Virus it does the same
>

> It was recommended:
>
> I download Spybot - search and Destroy.....I attempted this but window
> closes straight away
>

> Whenever i type this into google etc the window closes. whenever i
> type 'virus' into a search engine it closes
>

> Can anyone help???????
>

> --
> wba_go_boing

A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html

Run these malware cleaners:

1. Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

2. SpyBot S&D
http://www.safer-networking.org

3. CWShredder

Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

Clean-up Windows Startup:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
trojans etc.

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org