ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo 128 mb question about s..

If i right click the desktop, and click on properties, and then click
settings I can change the resolution of my computer. There is a pull down
menu that says "1. (multiple monitors) on ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO TURBO"
and "2. (multiple monitors) on ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO TURBO"

Under the first one, the max resolution is 1280 by 800... under the second
one, the max is 2048 by 1536... I can't get my screen to go any smaller than
1280 by 800 for some reason. I really would like to get it smaller. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:7CD69063-8C3B-4FDE-B40E-33B8FE2B3622@microsoft.com,
wackitywhiz <wackitywhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> If i right click the desktop, and click on properties, and then click
> settings I can change the resolution of my computer. There is a pull
> down menu that says "1. (multiple monitors) on ATI MOBILITY RADEON
> 9600 PRO TURBO" and "2. (multiple monitors) on ATI MOBILITY RADEON
> 9600 PRO TURBO"
>
> Under the first one, the max resolution is 1280 by 800... under the
> second one, the max is 2048 by 1536... I can't get my screen to go
> any smaller than 1280 by 800 for some reason. I really would like to
> get it smaller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That PROBABLY means that you're able to use a second monitor with your PC
and that the second monitor if it were a standard CRT or LCD monitor could
support those settings if it was able to while your monitor on your laptop
is incapable of displaying in those formats. I see this mostly on Toshiba
lappies and often inform clients that they should, if they do so, use only
800x600 resolution with TVs and accept that their TFT display only supports
the current display mode as modes not capable of being displayed are hidden
by default and probably should ramain that way.

Galen