generic host process error

Sometimes when I start my computer I get an error message that says it's
encountered an error with "Generic Host process for Win32 Services" and must
close. The computer seems to operate normally, but when I press Ctrl Alt
Del all I get is a blank box. Don't know if the two problems are related,
but if anyone has some solutions I sure would like to read 'em.

Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about generic host process error

    Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Jim" <jmcconaughey@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:Jtn0e.37519$8D.37166@tornado.texas.rr.com...
    > Sometimes when I start my computer I get an error message that says it's encountered an error with "Generic Host process for Win32
    > Services" and must close. The computer seems to operate normally, but when I press Ctrl Alt Del all I get is a blank box. Don't
    > know if the two problems are related, but if anyone has some solutions I sure would like to read 'em.
    >
    > Jim

Computers Windows XP