DRM Not Functioning

I continue to get DRM errors. I've been trying to correct using the steps
in MS Article 810422 but nothing works. I can not back up the licenses, I
can not restore the licenses, and several of the files the instructions say
to delete do not seem to be present on my machine. Is there a way to
restore the licenses? Will removing Media Player 10 then downloading and
reinstalling fix it? I do not mind deleting my music files...Just want to
get this fixed. I get error messages when trying to launch certain music
files that I never had problems with. I also get errors when I try to
launch Rhapsody Radio.

Thank you,
Dave Lamar

--
Lamar Family
DKLamar@comcast.net

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:u8qVLUAMFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Dave Lamar <lamfam04@msn.com> had this to say:

> I continue to get DRM errors. I've been trying to correct using the
> steps in MS Article 810422 but nothing works. I can not back up the
> licenses, I can not restore the licenses, and several of the files
> the instructions say to delete do not seem to be present on my
> machine. Is there a way to restore the licenses? Will removing
> Media Player 10 then downloading and reinstalling fix it? I do not
> mind deleting my music files...Just want to get this fixed. I get
> error messages when trying to launch certain music files that I never
> had problems with. I also get errors when I try to launch Rhapsody
> Radio.
> Thank you,
> Dave Lamar

Hmm... If you're having that much of a problem, though I may be off base
here, you can disable this can't you? Under the tools and options menu you
can select to copy protect music and aquire licenses automatically IIRC... I
can't think of anything else that you'd need to do unless you've downloaded
any of the earlier DRM tools that were in beta the last time I played with
them. While I'm out of date, I'm sure, I can not think of anything else
off-hand and would try those settings to see if they helped.

Galen