Some missing system sounds

For some reason I am suddenly getting no sound on shutdow, startup or for
dropdown menus or program initiation. Sound is fine for CD's, DVDs, Start
menu and links clicked in Internet Explorer. Sound is fine for video and
audio play in internet news site. I have made no changes to my system. Can
anyone explain why selected system sounds might disappear?

ReallyClang wrote:
> For some reason I am suddenly getting no sound on shutdow, startup or
> for dropdown menus or program initiation. Sound is fine for CD's,
> DVDs, Start menu and links clicked in Internet Explorer. Sound is
> fine for video and audio play in internet news site. I have made no
> changes to my system. Can anyone explain why selected system sounds
> might disappear?

Should we assume you have checked your control panel -> sounds and
determined that there are indeed sounds setup for these events and they work
when you test them there?

--
<- Shenan ->

The sounds all play fine in Control Panel - Sounds. Event links are not
specifically shown but that is normal I believe since I am using a Plus!
desktop theme. The sounds work fine on another computer I have which also is
using the same desktop theme and looks the same in the Control Panel. And
the sounds were all there a week ago without me making any changes.