Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bad Experience with Lenovo Outlet

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 7, 2012 8:18:44 PM

So I received a Lenovo V570, Friday, that I purchased for a family member on a budget. The price was right and people on the deal websites love to rave about Lenovo Outlet and their scratch and dent items.

The laptop doesn't post. I've done every trick in the book to get it to come up including disconnecting the CMOS battery, taking out individual DIMMs of RAM, etc. Here's the kicker, I ordered a scratch and dent item, not a refurbished item. Yet, there is a sticker on the bottom of this Lenovo V570 that clearly states "REFURBISHED PRODUCT." :fou: 

Obviously Lenovo screwed up. However, I'm wondering if I should even try to get a replacement. Who knows what they'll send me this time... Has anyone else had this experience with Lenovo Outlet? I called support a few times today to try to get the return process started. They are determined to make me wait until Monday to call their post-sales department.

Best solution

a c 433 D Laptop
April 7, 2012 11:40:34 PM

I would call Lenovo support to clarify what they mean by "scratch & dent". Regardless if it is a "only cosmetically damaged" laptops or if that also covers refurbished laptops you basically received something that was DOA.

Since it is a recent purchase you may want to ask if you can simply get a refund if this experience has made you wary of Lenovo.
April 8, 2012 2:01:13 AM

jaguarskx said:
I would call Lenovo support to clarify what they mean by "scratch & dent". Regardless if it is a "only cosmetically damaged" laptops or if that also covers refurbished laptops you basically received something that was DOA.

Since it is a recent purchase you may want to ask if you can simply get a refund if this experience has made you wary of Lenovo.

I have already confirmed that scratch and dent products do not have a refurb sticker, at least according to the multiple reps I spoke with today. Lenovo outlet products have the same warranty as new ones, so the warranty shouldn't be an issue. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they say on Monday. Why does everything have to be such a hassle with companies now-a-days? :heink: 
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2012 2:15:06 AM

Cause you are buying stuff with known issues? I think if you are buying items that are cosmetically damaged, you can expect further problems.
m
l
April 8, 2012 3:27:50 PM

vrumor said:
Cause you are buying stuff with known issues? I think if you are buying items that are cosmetically damaged, you can expect further problems.

Scratch and dent is the sale of an item that has been returned with the seal broken. It does not mean the item has actual physical damage. The laptop I received has zero physical defects (not even fingerprint smudges). But, obviously, it has some other issue.
m
l
December 4, 2012 11:04:11 AM

When you get their answer, please post here. I have plan to order from the outlet as well. So your case really give me a benefit, and I hope the solution is going well for you.
m
l
December 4, 2012 11:09:49 AM

Best answer selected by iknowhowtofixit.
m
l
!