Intel Ad #2: World's Smallest Microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.
the funny thing is in like 10 years when we see the commercial again its going to look soooooooo funny and sooooo obsolite, like viewing a Pentium 1 commercial these days, even the P4 commercials with the blue men is F***n funny

G

That's what you're really getting for the extra money you pay for Intel, you get to see these commercials, which in turn entice you into buying more Intel stuff. Because I'm sure that in a double-blind taste-test, you couldn't tell the difference between a Phenom II 940 and a Core i7 965 EE, unless of course you're running SuperPi or some other benchmark that Intel bought and paid for.

[citation][nom]SuperPiFanboy[/nom]That's what you're really getting for the extra money you pay for Intel, you get to see these commercials, which in turn entice you into buying more Intel stuff. Because I'm sure that in a double-blind taste-test, you couldn't tell the difference between a Phenom II 940 and a Core i7 965 EE, unless of course you're running SuperPi or some other benchmark that Intel bought and paid for.[/citation]
That depends. For some of my MATLAB code, or video encoding, you absolutely could tell the difference. For gaming? Probably not, but why the hell did you buy an i7 965 for gaming alone?

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... why... ??? and wtf!?!?!... why they pretend to be my buddy??? Last good processor from them was a Pentium III 866Mhz... but it's just my opinion...

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... why... ??? and wtf!?!?!... why they pretend to be my buddy??? Last good processor from them was a Pentium III 866Mhz... but it's just my opinion...[/citation]
You thought Intel was your buddy? That's kinda sad.

G

@cjl: The Extreme Editions are squarely aimed at gamers and nobody else... I don't even play games, I just do audio production and internet/email/office, etc... Video encoding is a very special case, and Matlab performance would depend on what exactly you're using it for.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Bring back the old cpu in a cartridge back. I was monkeying around an old file server with a Pentium II or III (i can't even tell) 233MHZ using the old Intel cartridge to mobo. Damn those were really easy to install. The new CPU's with gigantic cooling heat sinks can learn a thing or two from that old design.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]Bring back the old cpu in a cartridge back. I was monkeying around an old file server with a Pentium II or III (i can't even tell) 233MHZ using the old Intel cartridge to mobo. Damn those were really easy to install. The new CPU's with gigantic cooling heat sinks can learn a thing or two from that old design.[/citation]
i know!!! totally agree! my first build had a pentiumII cartridge in it. super easy to take out. but i could be a problem for today's cpus because of just thermalwattage.... things will never be the same

[citation][nom]SuperPiFanboy[/nom]That's what you're really getting for the extra money you pay for Intel, you get to see these commercials, which in turn entice you into buying more Intel stuff. Because I'm sure that in a double-blind taste-test, you couldn't tell the difference between a Phenom II 940 and a Core i7 965 EE, unless of course you're running SuperPi or some other benchmark that Intel bought and paid for.[/citation]

Or in most video encoding, rendering, audio encoding, compression or anything non gaming (unless you use 2+ GPUs where Core i7 shines) then no you can't.

But if you use 2+ GPUs or do anything else other than gaming like audio/video/graphic design then even the Core i7 920 beats the Phenom II 940 easily and at a lower clock speed.

But gaming is always as it has been. Very little difference unless the CPU truly does suck, like say a Pentium D.

[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... why... ??? and wtf!?!?!... why they pretend to be my buddy??? Last good processor from them was a Pentium III 866Mhz... but it's just my opinion...[/citation]

Do you live in a cave? I mean seriously.... Core 2 was probably their best CPU ever made.

[citation][nom]rambo117[/nom]i know!!! totally agree! my first build had a pentiumII cartridge in it. super easy to take out. but i could be a problem for today's cpus because of just thermalwattage.... things will never be the same[/citation]

That was only because the cache wouldnt fit into the cpu die/package (cost effectively atleast) hence the cartrige with external cache chips and the card etc, but the down side you get electrical resistance with designs like that and the cooler would prolly break those mounts, and wouldnt be able to fit the pin count required, and its more expensive (resources) to make.

Coppermine P3 866? WTF the tualatin was cooler and faster and available at 1.4ghz, then the pentium m (rebadged, more cache and the QDR FSB), then Yonah (eventually) - same thermals but two cores, then Core 2 Duo - theres NO loss between them all there a constant improvement - why say a P3 is better???

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... why P3 866Mhz?... i had a board starting with celeron 466mhz... after that i just changed cpu's till P3 866Mhz... then i did try some OC, and got tha cpu to 1Ghz... nice board... nice lifespan... then tha 1Ghz AMD Duron kicked tha crap out from 1Ghz Pentium III... tha Pentium4 started with very expensive RDRAM... but AMD started to implement DDR, that waz cheaper... in that period new intel CPU mean new bord for that... tha older CPU's may work with newer chipsets... but not tha other way around... now... i use my AM2+ board... started with Ax2 5600+ > Px4 9950 > Px4 440 @ modest 3400Mhz... but when YOU have money that grow on trees?...

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
I want to see the intel add that has 2 guys standing next to eachother. One says "I'm an Intel", and the other says "I'm a AMD". That would be original.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]gwellin[/nom]I want to see the intel add that has 2 guys standing next to eachother. One says "I'm an Intel", and the other says "I'm a AMD". That would be original.[/citation]

... nice... intel monopolistic bully with capital to do it all, but all it do, iz to copy technology or ideas from his buddy innovative AMD... xe... its like...:
intel: i'm intel
AMD: i'm AMD
i heard that you have a new CPU out?
intel: yeah! so poverfull, so... you need to keep up.
AMD: and new chipset for that?
intel: not so loud, AMD! The customers don't need to know, that they need a new motherboard too...
AMD: ok... i be quiet... becouse YOU are a friend... we have a new CPU too... not so powerfull, but it's not just fits in the socket, but almost in all cases works too... so you don't need to sell arm'n'leg to get a CPU upgrade... and you have money left to buy maybe a powerful video card with DX10...
intel: ... yeah, YOUR cards are badass...
AMD: thx...

Status
Not open for further replies.