WG U2000 Monitor help Please.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

WG U2000 monitor board.

I have been working on this board off and on for months, more time off then
on. Any way found and corrected numerouse problems. Now I find that I do
not have my 30V at my 30V test point. I followed it back to the flyback and
no 30 v from the flyback. Funny thing is I have my B+ voltage and its all
good. Has anyone ever had the 30V on the flyback go bad on one of these or
am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

you can email me at heypat1@wideopenwest.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I've run into a similar problem also....vert deflection
went....replaced all that WG sold to me...still have the same
problem....I'm ready to bail on this monitor. Wish I could help ya.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

What is the problem? I think I remember that the Vertical IC uses 30V.
"PiNhEaD" <heypat1@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> WG U2000 monitor board.
>
> I have been working on this board off and on for months, more time off
> then on. Any way found and corrected numerouse problems. Now I find that
> I do not have my 30V at my 30V test point. I followed it back to the
> flyback and no 30 v from the flyback. Funny thing is I have my B+ voltage
> and its all good. Has anyone ever had the 30V on the flyback go bad on
> one of these or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Pat
>
> you can email me at heypat1@wideopenwest.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Well, replace the flyback and see what happens maybe? I'm assuming the 30V
comes off a secondary flyback winding.

"PiNhEaD" <heypat1@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> WG U2000 monitor board.
>
> I have been working on this board off and on for months, more time off
> then on. Any way found and corrected numerouse problems. Now I find that
> I do not have my 30V at my 30V test point. I followed it back to the
> flyback and no 30 v from the flyback. Funny thing is I have my B+ voltage
> and its all good. Has anyone ever had the 30V on the flyback go bad on
> one of these or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Pat
>
> you can email me at heypat1@wideopenwest.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Wells Gardner has a "Vertical Deflection upgrade/repair kit" for this
model and the U-5000. I strongly suggest buying this kit and installing
it.

If your vertical deflection IC is shorted it could drag down the +30
volts. A new one is included in the kit as well as the new value parts
that protect the IC from overvoltage.