Problem with drag and drop in start menu

Hi There

I’ve recently reinstalled windows xp and have had a strange thing
happen in the start menu. When i go to reorganise my start menu by
draging the icon into another menu, it seems to corrupt the shortcut
making it unavailable to click on. The icon pitcure changes and
properties says "This is not a valid shortcut" I’ve done many
searches on google but nothing similar turns up.

Any ideas???
Ben

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Problem-drag-drop-start-menu-ftopict348580.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1096627
1 answer Last reply
More about problem drag drop start menu

    "benfarley" wrote:
    > Hi There
    >
    > I've recently reinstalled windows xp and have had a strange
    > thing happen in the start menu. When i go to reorganise my
    > start menu by draging the icon into another menu, it seems to
    > corrupt the shortcut making it unavailable to click on. The
    > icon pitcure changes and properties says "This is not a valid
    > shortcut" I've done many searches on google but nothing
    > similar turns up.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    > Ben

    Also, when i try to delete the file it won’t let me. The error is...

    Cannot Delete File: Access Denied
    Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is
    not currently used

    The disk isn’t full
    Don’t know about write protected
    Doesn’t seem to be used by anything.