Problem with drag and drop in start menu

March 23, 2005 11:11:20 PM

Hi There

I’ve recently reinstalled windows xp and have had a strange thing
happen in the start menu. When i go to reorganise my start menu by
draging the icon into another menu, it seems to corrupt the shortcut
making it unavailable to click on. The icon pitcure changes and
properties says "This is not a valid shortcut" I’ve done many
searches on google but nothing similar turns up.

Any ideas???
Ben

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Problem-dra...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1096627
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:11:38 PM

"benfarley" wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I've recently reinstalled windows xp and have had a strange
> thing happen in the start menu. When i go to reorganise my
> start menu by draging the icon into another menu, it seems to
> corrupt the shortcut making it unavailable to click on. The
> icon pitcure changes and properties says "This is not a valid
> shortcut" I've done many searches on google but nothing
> similar turns up.
>
> Any ideas???
> Ben

Also, when i try to delete the file it won’t let me. The error is...

Cannot Delete File: Access Denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is
not currently used

The disk isn’t full
Don’t know about write protected
Doesn’t seem to be used by anything.