HELP! Stuck in safe mode - faults in VSS and Eventsystem s..

I have rolled back the system sequentially through every last restore point
to the earliest and I still cannot get the system to start up normally. In
safe mode, I have checked the application logs and found the same 2 errors
repeatedly for every start-up (roughly translated from my Dutch OS):

EventSystem HRESULT 8007043c for line 44 of d:\nt_qxp\com\com
1x\src\events\tier 1\eventsystemobj.cpp

VSS [Volume Shadow Copy-service] unexpected fault the calling of routine
CoCreateInstance hr = 0x80040206

The Help and support link to Microsoft via
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
does not help at all. Can anyone please advise asap?
Windows XP home
1 answer Last reply
More about help stuck safe mode faults eventsystem

    In news:947151F2-AFAD-4C57-8CFB-AAD7F2995D0D@microsoft.com,
    DANG <DANG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I have rolled back the system sequentially through every last restore
    > point to the earliest and I still cannot get the system to start up
    > normally. In safe mode, I have checked the application logs and found
    > the same 2 errors repeatedly for every start-up (roughly translated
    > from my Dutch OS):
    >
    > EventSystem HRESULT 8007043c for line 44 of d:\nt_qxp\com\com
    > 1x\src\events\tier 1\eventsystemobj.cpp
    >
    > VSS [Volume Shadow Copy-service] unexpected fault the calling of
    > routine CoCreateInstance hr = 0x80040206
    >
    > The Help and support link to Microsoft via
    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
    > does not help at all. Can anyone please advise asap?
    > Windows XP home

    I'm sorry to be so vague but you could take a look here:

    http://extremetechsupport.org/forum/showthread.phtml?t=38843

    Or, more specifically:

    http://extremetechsupport.org/forum/showthread.phtml?t=38843

    Not a lot of help I can assure you but I hope that it sends you in the right
    direction to TS it.

    Galen

Safe Mode Support Microsoft Windows XP