Anything from the desktop won't open

Please Help!
Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)
3 answers Last reply
More about anything desktop open

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message news:E7D30506-2755-41C7-97E4-5B6DCC676732@microsoft.com...
    > Please Help!
    > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
    > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
    > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
    > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
    > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
    > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
    > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
    > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

    hello
    thanks 4 ur reply, you know I think I have a big problem now because it ask
    me for the Windows XP Home Edition CD and this computer didn't bring any, so
    Am I not gonna be able to fix it? :(
    and thanks so much for your help... do you know is there any other way to
    fix it?
    thanks so much

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    > 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message news:E7D30506-2755-41C7-97E4-5B6DCC676732@microsoft.com...
    > > Please Help!
    > > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
    > > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
    > > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
    > > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
    > > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
    > > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
    > > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
    > > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

    Any legal PreInstalled version of XP must have a way to Recover the system. Determine what you have purchased for that.

    --

    "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message news:62E7D6B2-4EB7-493F-809E-EDAF87E134DD@microsoft.com...
    > hello
    > thanks 4 ur reply, you know I think I have a big problem now because it ask
    > me for the Windows XP Home Edition CD and this computer didn't bring any, so
    > Am I not gonna be able to fix it? :(
    > and thanks so much for your help... do you know is there any other way to
    > fix it?
    > thanks so much
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows
    >> Server
    >> 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message news:E7D30506-2755-41C7-97E4-5B6DCC676732@microsoft.com...
    >> > Please Help!
    >> > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
    >> > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
    >> > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
    >> > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
    >> > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
    >> > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
    >> > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
    >> > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

Desktops Windows XP