HELP -- FUNCTION KEY AND F1 - F12

My Fn key seems to work with everything BUT my F1-F12 keys, which are what I
require,,, please help... any advice?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E874E3B6-829B-4D12-BBFA-A517DA93044C@microsoft.com,
allthatismatt <allthatismatt@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My Fn key seems to work with everything BUT my F1-F12 keys, which are
> what I require,,, please help... any advice?

Is your Fn key locked? Just an idea... If not try deleting your keyboard
from the device manager and rebooting so the operating system can reload it.
I don't know of any SPECIFIC malware that bothers the function keys but
there could be some so you could scan for any malware with your antivirus
and antispyware applications to see if that makes a difference if the above
doesn't work.

Galen