Msn Messenger Port - For Parental Control

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Parental Control
  • Microsoft
  • MSN Messenger
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
April 12, 2005 12:43:31 PM

I have Microsoft Wireless Network MN-700. I need to limit
internet access for my employees which I do using
Parental Control. So far all I could find was that
internet browsers use port 80 which when typed into
appropriate box seems to cut off internet from networked
computers, however my employees still use Msn Messenger
and chat with their friends all day. Can you PLEASE tell
me which port Msn Messenger uses so that I can bloct the
use of it during certain hours? PLEASE I'm helpless.

Thank you so much,

Mark

More about : msn messenger port parental control

April 13, 2005 12:59:41 PM

MSN Messenger uses following ports
1863,6901,6891-6900 for TCP and 6901 - UDP

!