Please help me identify this game!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I only saw this game a couple of times when I was a kid... would have
been late 1970s or maybe VERY early 1980s... I can't remember the name,
nobody I know ever saw this game anywhere, and it's driving me nuts!

It was a vector-graphics game. Viewed above and from a bit of an angle,
two stylized warriors (made up of lots of triangles, if I recall
correctly) faced off (either 2-player, or 1-player vs. the computer) and
tried to shove each other into one of two pits. As in several early
videogames, the simple white vector graphics were reflected over a
"real" backdrop, including said pits. When someone fell into the pit,
there was a very nice (for the time) pesudo-3D effect.

Anybody have any clue what the name of this game was or who manufactured it?

Thanks!

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Warrior, by Vectorbeam

Troy,

Troy wrote:
> Warrior, by Vectorbeam
>
> Troy,

(google google google)

Yup, that's the one! Hurrah, thanks!

> Corey Klemow <CKlemow@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>I only saw this game a couple of times when I was a kid... would have
>>been late 1970s or maybe VERY early 1980s... I can't remember the name,
>>nobody I know ever saw this game anywhere, and it's driving me nuts!
>>
>>It was a vector-graphics game. Viewed above and from a bit of an angle,
>>two stylized warriors (made up of lots of triangles, if I recall
>>correctly) faced off (either 2-player, or 1-player vs. the computer) and
>>tried to shove each other into one of two pits. As in several early
>>videogames, the simple white vector graphics were reflected over a
>>"real" backdrop, including said pits. When someone fell into the pit,
>>there was a very nice (for the time) pesudo-3D effect.
>>
>>Anybody have any clue what the name of this game was or who manufactured
>
> it?
>
>>Thanks!

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I wish I could find one myself. I've only seen two for sale over the years.
one sold for around $2500,It didn't have original joysticks though. so I let
it go bye. and the other one a guy wanted $5000 for. I don't think he sold
it. I actually do know of another one recently that an op has, but he
doesn't want to put a price on it. too much $ probably.