The thing that REALLY pisses me off

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
%#^$*$##!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy sh!t!!
They fvcked up CS soo bad now. I decided to give 1.6 a chance again- it is SO bad. They have managed to ruin the best multiplayer fps game. What the hell is with the fruity colors and huge text?? Everything moves slower, and now awp is truly meaningless- there used to be a skill involved with it in 1.5 and lower cause things were fast....someone with a scout or deagle was damn hard to kill. Now it's like they walk out, try to strafe back, but before they can BLAM, I pop their left nut off. Glock seems to have no recoil, while USP blows. The guns fire weird, m4 does absolutely no damage. And hackers have increased, except now it's easier to make concealed hacks! Before with some aimbots ur screen was constantly shaking...now that's minimized! Onto the graphics....wtf. Before CS was a constant 100FPS, now it dips to 40FPS with more action. I dunno about others, but in CS I notice when the FPS drop below 80FPS, and 40 is like woah...What the hell did they do to the graphics engine?? They had this streamlined coding that worked SO well before, now it's like Microsoft programmed it! Goddamnit!
Down with 1.6!!!

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

G

i have counter strike....i just dont have half life...
which sucks..

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I personally think they should have included the new steam interface (this I like, mainly due to the fact that you can minimize it without losing sound), but kept the game itself exactly as it was, as the gameplay was good and reasonably bug-free.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Its because the good people that made the game no longer worked it anymore, moved on to bigger skitts. They have newbs now with their own ideas and unfortunately the verteran CS players would be POed about this. Has anyone tried CZ yet?

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
I'm just sticking with a really cool 1.5 server I found. Some top peeps there and when the WON server shuts down I will probably never play cs until they get rid of steam which seems to be un usable to 64k and lower users (like myself) because of the constant updates and size of the downloads. And if they don't fix it so its more like 1.5 then I will probably never play it again.

My system spec: Fast PC<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
"It's not the spoon that bends, it's only yourself."

G

I did try CZ but only in single player cant seam to play any MP yet.. Graphics are better but not by much would have expected more, even to have HL2 engine would be sweet.
As far as gameplay is concerned, hard to tell in single player, id have to play some Mp first...

Ion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Dude CS been guided towards noobs ever since 1.4, 1.3 was the last of the good/old CS. :frown:

Glock never had recoil anyway, m4 is a hs machine in 1.6 and for the graphic 1.6 did too much to make CS looks better but the dated HL engine is a resource hog.

Lastly, in 1.6 all the CD keys were unbanned and most hacks work in 1.5 work in 1.6. More cheaters in 1.6 are due to the lack of protection from steam and Cheating Death.

PS, CD is useless in get rid of wall hack but it at least prevent most aimbot from working. :tongue:

Ion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
CZ is the single player version of CS, so i don't understand why you want to play CZ's MP to judge its quality...

eden

Champion
Heheh, I was wondering that as well.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: