WTB: Used Working Degaussing Coil

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

I need to buy a degaussing coil this week. If you have one you no longer
need please drop me a line. Thanks, James

james at rescuetron dot com

http://home.earthlink.net/~rescuetron/

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

Buy a bulk tape eraser.

Robert Bullock wrote:
> Buy a bulk tape eraser.

Buy a degaussing coil.

MCM Electronics has them for $19.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com

> "James" <rotoquad@***NOSPAMTHANKS***earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>I need to buy a degaussing coil this week. If you have one you no longer
>>need please drop me a line. Thanks, James

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

If you want a wimpy field, sure. If you might want to maybe degauss a frame
or some monitor you can't get close to easily, something with more power and
rinage might be useful. Plus, you can erase media with it.

Heck, why buy one, make one if that's all want. An old electric cord and a
junk deguass harness, etc.

Robert Bullock wrote:
> If you want a wimpy field, sure. If you might want to maybe degauss a frame
> or some monitor you can't get close to easily, something with more power and
> rinage might be useful. Plus, you can erase media with it.

I've degaussed frames w/ my wimpy 19" degaussing coil, with the frame in place
(coil is thin enough to slide between frame and cabinet).

*Never* had the need to do bulk erasing of media.

> Heck, why buy one, make one if that's all want. An old electric cord and a
> junk deguass harness, etc.

Sure, you can cobble anything together. In fact, why cobble anything together,
just use an electric drill or soldering gun.

Personally I prefer to drop a $20 on a commercial product that was intended for
this purpose. Just giving the OP additional options other than a (what I
consider) an ill-suited item such as a bulk media eraser.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

I dunno... I just have a typical Radio Shack gun-style soldering gun and
it's worked perfectly every time. No need for a coil at all...

Bill