no program will open from the desktop or start menu

March 23, 2005 11:27:02 PM

Please Help!
Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)
March 24, 2005 4:13:51 AM

Start here:

Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

Free Online Virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message
> Please Help!
> Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my
> computer,
> internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I
> try
> to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
> even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to
> open
> explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some
> programs
> and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me
> something
> about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont
> open....
> please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:19:02 PM

Thanks so much 4 the info!

"Kelly" wrote:

> Start here:
>
> Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
>
> Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
>
> Free Online Virus Scan
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...
>
> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message
> > Please Help!
> > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my
> > computer,
> > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I
> > try
> > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
> > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to
> > open
> > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some
> > programs
> > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me
> > something
> > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont
> > open....
> > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

March 25, 2005 2:53:31 AM

Most welcome, did it help?

--

!