no program will open from the desktop or start menu

Please Help!
Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my computer,
internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I try
to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to open
explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some programs
and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me something
about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont open....
please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)
3 answers Last reply
More about program open desktop start menu

    Start here:

    Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

    Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

    Free Online Virus Scan

    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message
    > Please Help!
    > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my
    > computer,
    > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I
    > try
    > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
    > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to
    > open
    > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some
    > programs
    > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me
    > something
    > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont
    > open....
    > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

    Thanks so much 4 the info!

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Start here:
    >
    > Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    >
    > Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
    >
    > Free Online Virus Scan
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message
    > > Please Help!
    > > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my
    > > computer,
    > > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime I
    > > try
    > > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting it!
    > > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have to
    > > open
    > > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some
    > > programs
    > > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me
    > > something
    > > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont
    > > open....
    > > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

    Most welcome, did it help?

    --

    > Thanks so much 4 the info!
    >
    > "Kelly" wrote:
    >
    >> Start here:
    >>
    >> Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and HijackThis:
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    >>
    >> Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
    >>
    >> Free Online Virus Scan
    >> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>

    >> "Alma" <someone@hotmail.com.ca> wrote in message
    >> > Please Help!
    >> > Anything from the desktop including my documents, recycle bin, my
    >> > computer,
    >> > internet explorer or even from the start menu it won't start, everytime
    >> > try
    >> > to open the it gets froze all my computer and I have to be restarting
    >> > it!
    >> > even my anti virus won't work.... and some other programs.... I have
    >> > open
    >> > explorer from my msn to check e-mails then I'm trying to erase some
    >> > programs
    >> > and it wont do nothing...everytimen I try to open anything tells me
    >> > something
    >> > about Dr Watson something like that, that is a problem and it wont
    >> > open....
    >> > please help me I'll really appreciate it! :)

Start Menu Desktops Windows XP