Outlook through MN-100

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I have blocked one of my computers for Internet access
through MN-100 by blocking 1-100 in client filtering. Now
I wish to only allow outlook from this computer. I have
forwarded 110 and 25. can now recieve emails but not able
to send. Get '550 relay is not permitted' error when try
to send.
btw have also blocked 5190 to block aol's instant
messenger.

Pls help and thanks in advance.

The message '550 relay is not permitted' is generally because you've got an
incorrect email address on your email account or you aren't using the same
security (username/password) as you incoming account. I would check with
your Internet Service Provider to make sure you've got the proper
information entered.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have blocked one of my computers for Internet access
> through MN-100 by blocking 1-100 in client filtering. Now
> I wish to only allow outlook from this computer. I have
> forwarded 110 and 25. can now recieve emails but not able
> to send. Get '550 relay is not permitted' error when try
> to send.
> btw have also blocked 5190 to block aol's instant
> messenger.
>
> Pls help and thanks in advance.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Yes Chris, I had incorrectly typed my email address into
the outlook settings. Now corrected it and all works
great.
Thanks for assistance. Best wishes to all there.

/nichol.mspx
>In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol
>
>Chris H.
>Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>Associate Expert
>

>"Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have blocked one of my computers for Internet access
>> through MN-100 by blocking 1-100 in client filtering.
Now
>> I wish to only allow outlook from this computer. I have
>> forwarded 110 and 25. can now recieve emails but not
able
>> to send. Get '550 relay is not permitted' error when
try
>> to send.
>> btw have also blocked 5190 to block aol's instant
>> messenger.
>>
>> Pls help and thanks in advance.
>

>.

Good deal, Roy. Glad you got it working.