Problem with the firewall - HELP

I am trying to access my XP firewal but I always get the message bellow:
"Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings"

It looks like this is the reason I also can no longer access the windows
update site automaticaly or even manually! Anybody with a good idea?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem firewall help

    Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
    machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added themselves to the winsock stack.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and
    type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
    > machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added
    themselves to the winsock stack.

    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)

    Mark,

    Could this have any bearing on the problem I described at

    and the follow-up at
    news:d1ts5j$ir6$1@rdel.co.uk ?

    Vernon

Firewalls Windows XP Support Microsoft