Problem with the firewall - HELP

Panos

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

I am trying to access my XP firewal but I always get the message bellow:
"Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings"

It looks like this is the reason I also can no longer access the windows
update site automaticaly or even manually! Anybody with a good idea?

Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added themselves to the winsock stack.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and
type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
> machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added
themselves to the winsock stack.

> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)

Mark,

Could this have any bearing on the problem I described at

and the follow-up at
news:d1ts5j$ir6$1@rdel.co.uk ?

Vernon