Problem with the firewall - HELP

March 24, 2005 5:39:02 AM

I am trying to access my XP firewal but I always get the message bellow:
"Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
settings"

It looks like this is the reason I also can no longer access the windows
update site automaticaly or even manually! Anybody with a good idea?

More about : problem firewall

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 10:45:25 AM

Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added themselves to the winsock stack.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Panos" <Panos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AFA87F2-6AA1-49EC-A514-9D251AC5D8B2@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to access my XP firewal but I always get the message bellow:
> "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall
> settings"
>
> It looks like this is the reason I also can no longer access the windows
> update site automaticaly or even manually! Anybody with a good idea?
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 5:13:39 PM

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Firewall , or internet connection failure - Go to a command prompt and
type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
> machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added
themselves to the winsock stack.

> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)

Mark,

Could this have any bearing on the problem I described at
news:D 1pglh$8r1$1@rdel.co.uk

and the follow-up at
news:D 1ts5j$ir6$1@rdel.co.uk ?

Vernon