How to upgrade from XP Home edition to Professional Edition?

I have a new computer with XP Home edition and I have full version of
XP professional edition. Could you tell me how to do the upgrade?
Also there are a lots of junk with the new computer, I am not sure how
to compleltely clean it up. I did go to Add/Remove program to clean
some of them. Could you tell me the good way to really clean it up and
upgrad to XP profession version?

thanks in advanced,
Donna
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade home edition professional edition

    start/run, type CLEANMGR

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Donna" <dyw55a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1111666744.271793.82900@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
    >I have a new computer with XP Home edition and I have full version of
    > XP professional edition. Could you tell me how to do the upgrade?
    > Also there are a lots of junk with the new computer, I am not sure how
    > to compleltely clean it up. I did go to Add/Remove program to clean
    > some of them. Could you tell me the good way to really clean it up and
    > upgrad to XP profession version?
    >
    > thanks in advanced,
    > Donna

    Could you tell me how to upgrade? CLEANMGR only clean up Temp files,
    Internet files, downloaded files, recycle bin. I want to clean up some
    of software installed with the new computer.

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    You can also remove any installed app in cleanmgr.

    Uninstall SP2 if it is not on the Pro Edition setup CD, then just put the cd in under Home, and the upgrade is offered. (or run
    winnt32.exe on the cd)

    Some of what you think is 'installed', may actually just be running from MSCONFIG
    Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items
    --

    "Donna" <dyw55a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1111690370.682090.225400@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Could you tell me how to upgrade? CLEANMGR only clean up Temp files,
    > Internet files, downloaded files, recycle bin. I want to clean up some
    > of software installed with the new computer.

Windows XP Computers