27" monitor in Midway/Galaga/MS Pacman Cabnet?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

If you remove the bezel and 19" monitor is it possible to mount a 27"
vertical monitor in an old midway cabinet?

Anyone ever retrofit one like this?

I know the new MsPac/Galaga has a 25" but was wondering if it was possible
to put a 27 in an old midway cabinet.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yes it will fit, but only a 25". A 27" will not. You will have to
take out the cross piece the holds the speaker and make a new deeper
one and re-align it. It fit in there just right. You will also need
to make new pieces to support the glass that run along the sides of the
cab. I use aluminum angle stock to make new support brackets since you
will have to drop the monitor supports down a little for the 25 to
clear. I do it all the time for customers. All you need then is a
plastic 25" bezel. You cant use any of the original glass bezels, too
small. It probably sounds more complicated than it is. I have
pictures if your need'm

good luck ,
Troy