Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Laptop is coming out of sleep!!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 9, 2012 3:46:02 PM

plzz help!! my new hp pavilion dv6 laptop is going to sleep but coming out of it automatically after 15 minutes.i disabled the wake up timers but its of no use!! what should i do?? :??: 

More about : laptop coming sleep

April 9, 2012 3:55:52 PM

Use stronger sedatives..
a c 248 D Laptop
April 9, 2012 4:01:43 PM

Hi :) 

Disable ALL power saving....hibernation and everything else...most people do.....and set it to high performance as well...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
April 9, 2012 4:08:29 PM

Did you already try these instructions from HP?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

At the bottom of their troubleshooting list they ask if your sleep function every worked in the past. If it has, then try a system restore to that time period.

Also, check to see if your laptop model has had a BIOS update and if it addressed issues regarding the sleep function.
April 9, 2012 4:09:57 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Disable ALL power saving....hibernation and everything else...most people do.....and set it to high performance as well...

All the best Brett :) 




can u tell me how to do it!!
a c 248 D Laptop
April 9, 2012 4:12:55 PM

bumblebee123 said:
can u tell me how to do it!!


Hi :) 

I could but wont as you wont learn...

Go into power settings and turn it ALL off.....

All the best Brett :) 
April 9, 2012 4:16:58 PM

This same question (different wording) was posted by the same person 22 minutes earlier
April 9, 2012 4:17:48 PM

th3parasit3 said:
Did you already try these instructions from HP?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

At the bottom of their troubleshooting list they ask if your sleep function every worked in the past. If it has, then try a system restore to that time period.

Also, check to see if your laptop model has had a BIOS update and if it addressed issues regarding the sleep function.



the website u gave is not opening...
April 9, 2012 4:24:21 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I could but wont as you wont learn...

Go into power settings and turn it ALL off.....

All the best Brett :) 



what should i turn off???
a c 248 D Laptop
April 9, 2012 4:29:55 PM

bumblebee123 said:
what should i turn off???


Hi :) 

EVERYTHING to do with turning off screen, hard drives, hibernation, sleep....etc etc....

All the best Brett :) 
April 9, 2012 4:30:48 PM

bumblebee123 said:
the website u gave is not opening...


Google: Resolving Problems with Sleep Mode (Windows 7)

First link to HP.
!