Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Counter Strike Vs Quake 3

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
September 9, 2002 8:30:15 PM

Been having this argument with this really stubborn friend of mine he is close to 30 but sometimes I think hes 16! Anyways just wanted some users opinons and which you think is most popular and which is better.

More about : counter strike quake

September 9, 2002 11:41:58 PM

Q3 sucks. Counter Strike sucks.

UT!

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
September 10, 2002 12:03:20 AM

They all suck. In fact, I'm getting sick and tired of playing FPS games even ones with plots like SOF2 and MOHAA. I still like third person shooters like Max Payne and JK2 (well, it's really an FPS, but I prefer the third person mode). I don't know why, but they just add more depth to the game in my opinion. RTS (Real-time Strategy) are fun too. Being a Star Trek fan, I love Star Trek Armada and Armada 2. I'm starting to like fighting games like DOA3 on my XBOX. Role playing games like Morrowwind is nice.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 10, 2002 1:30:31 AM

SOF2 is pretty fun though since it's so gory. Adds a whole new dimension to letting your inner aggression out :) 

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
September 10, 2002 9:29:48 PM

Q3 is boring as hell, it's really just a benchmark imo :wink: . CS though is awesome.

What if you had admin rights to life?
September 10, 2002 10:03:53 PM

Quote:

Q3 is boring as hell, it's really just a benchmark imo. CS though is awesome.

Yes, but CS's really ugly graphics make it suck IMHO.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
September 10, 2002 10:12:59 PM

I just replace models w/ my own (really, really complex and high polygon). Thens it looks nice. Plus, they aren't that bad.

What if you had admin rights to life?
September 11, 2002 5:50:53 AM

Like AMDMAN said, THE ALL SUCK!!
Need 4 Speed series (except II) and Final Fantasy series are da bes!!

Disregard my previous post.
September 11, 2002 5:10:57 PM

need for speed?!?! youre lame dude, the only good need for speed is hot pursuit 2 for the ps2.
q3a is better than cs, cs suxors!
fps rock man, ut is good too, i would prefer ut to q3a though, and sof2, man that is the best game ever!

The first LAN party I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me when I shot a crab in HL!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Willamette_Sucks on 09/11/02 01:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 11, 2002 6:27:37 PM

sof2??

damn, you're one lame dude!!!
that game sucks more than 15 little piglets drinking milk from it's mom!!! damn, that game sucks so much it even makes your name look good! damn, you're such a lame kid that you're really lame!!! Only lame kids play that lame a$$ game!

LOL....whatever lame kid, go play with your gaga toys.

Disregard my previous post.
September 14, 2002 12:22:43 PM

I don't see the attraction to CS. It had a good team play aspect, and it was free.....but it is rather dated now. I expect that BF1942 will take over as the most popular online game of its type once the majority of people get systems that will run it.

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>
September 14, 2002 4:55:22 PM

Counter-Strike Rules!!!! Quake 3 sux, UT games are really cool though. I just got into CS 6 months ago and am trying to get better at it. I practice alot with my clan and all that stuff. I just hope that the Truform stuff makes it look better on the Radeon 9700. With a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI the graphics suck major ass. Dont forget the f'ing lag too.

I did hear that there may be another Counter Strike in the works, much like the orignal. Not CS:CZ with the stupid ass shields and rocket launchers, but another one. I hope this rumor is true because i want a game with great graphics and good multiplayer.
September 14, 2002 6:24:11 PM

Counterstrike graphics suck because the textures are very low-res. Truform will only make things look rounder, but textures will still suck. You can turn on 6X FSAA and 16X Aniso, and CS textures will still suck. CS is just a really old game.

September 14, 2002 7:06:00 PM

Really?!? Oh well, its still a good game. I need to find another multiplayer game like it though that has good graphics. Oh well, I guess i will have a game with round guys, no jaggies, clear view and sucky textures. OH JOY!!! :smile:
September 15, 2002 7:27:09 PM

quake 3 requires mindless run and gun mentality
cs requires intelligence and strategy

depends on what you are looking for. i prefer to think (i know it hurts guys but try it sometime).

*** :cool: Duff Man says a lot of things, OH YEAH!!! :cool: ***
September 15, 2002 11:31:08 PM

Quote:
quake 3 requires mindless run and gun mentality
cs requires intelligence and strategy

Exactly. I love the game even though the graphics are kinda dated. I spend hours on it. I just hope CS:CZ is not as gay as it sounds...
September 16, 2002 4:27:13 AM

what the hell are you guys talking about, you are comparing a mod to a retail game that is nothing like it and was never supposed to be. compare CS to freaking urban terror or something like that.

by the way urban terror is a great game and blows CS out of the water when it comes to graphics, gameplay, an just about everything else. (God CS used to be a good game, then v1 hit, ugh, I loath that day)

dead cute things are funny
September 22, 2002 5:35:56 PM

Rainbow six has been improved upon with the expansions and sequels.

September 23, 2002 6:10:06 AM

me sick of online FPS too. way too many cheaters or little kiddies with no life playing the game for 16 hours straight each day who seemingly dump multiple rockets onto a spawn spot before i even appear.

<b><font color=blue>I prefer to blend into the background, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!</b></font color=blue>
March 7, 2003 5:05:13 PM

Definitely have to say that UT is better than both of them. But I like CS and Q3A. I would have to choose CS though. More realistic than Q3. Requires a little more strategy than Q3A
March 8, 2003 2:18:55 AM

It may look like junk nowadays, but Quake 2 Rail-only Insta-gib with grappling hook was the most fun I've had on-line. Mindless? Yes! Also requires a lot of skill...dare I say...TWITCH. Quake 3 Arena is good, but I found myself with a job and a life, and I didn't have enough time to get really good at it. Now, I go online and just get worked, so it isn't as much fun as when I used to rawk in Q2.

Never played CS. Don't know why--just never got around to it. Now I play BF1942 online. It has the hugest levels EVER but it can be kinda slow.

My least favorite multiplayer game ever? Tribes.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 03/07/03 11:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 10, 2003 8:19:14 AM

counter strike rules,wat you got against the game, i find it really fun

God made adam and eve not adam and steve!!!!!!
March 11, 2003 3:47:45 AM

I might give it another try one day but my problem is with the way people cheat and the way you can shoot someone with 100 rounds and they still don't die due to a kevlar vest.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">The French are being described as cheese-eating surrender monkeys.</A></font color=red>
March 13, 2003 5:17:14 AM

due to a kevlar vest???? the kevlar in cs is hardly effective, it might help take another shot maybe two but most of the time i would be down to 10 health and still have 90 kevlar. there are ways around hackers. you just have to be on a server where you are in good with the admins. or be in a clan and be an admin! cheating death is pretty effective at preventing cheaters.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!