when am i gonna be able to buy a real video card?

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
I dont want to pay for crap when is the next high end video card comming out next year for ati /nvidia.I dont want n overclocked fx 5950 card or an ati version i want something that lives up to all the hype ive dealt with for the past year.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
ermmmmmmmm..................wait for NV40 or R420??

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
yeah really man, be patient. If today's offerings aren't enough, just wait. Although seriously, there is plenty of good stuff on the market today. What's your budget?

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ATI delayed the R420 processor based on the news that nVidia couldn't keep up. This is called "milking the cow", the longer they wait for their next release the less they have to spend on development.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
you dont HAVE to get the absolute best you know.

Find a R9800pro or nonpro in the 128mb version.

ALOT cheaper than the 256Mb 9800XT, but u still get 90% of its performance (or better)!

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Slap a zalman hp on a 9800pro and you will get 440-470 core speed and 360-400 memory. Thats way faster than an XT and not too far behind the next gen (unless they are 2x as fast!).

My system spec: Fast PC<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
"It's not the spoon that bends, it's only yourself."

Whatever you get probably won't live up to your expectations.

If you were someone with a GF4ti level card or a Radeon 8500 level card then these recent additions have been BIG steps despite your misgivings.

No matter what the R42X and NV40 will likely dissapoint you in some way because of all the expectations you've built up. 'What no real-time cinematic rendering at 16x12, it's a POS!'

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: