Ris3n_Da3mon

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
Okay, i really haven't done much over clocking since i had my K6 266. I've been thinking about overclocking my video card and really want to know the way that will give me the best results for the cheapest price as i really don't have the money to get something like water cooling for my card.
My system is:

MSI KT3 ultra2
Athlon xp 2600+
volcano 11+
kingston 512mb 2700
BBA Radeon 9700 pro
creative soundblaster live 5.1
antec 350w

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Yeah the Zalman cooler is awesome. Also I got OCZ Copper ramsinks from www.svc.com for $5.99 / 4. Pretty good deal, and they work great.

Also Radlinker/clocker is good for overclocking,it comes integrated into the Omega drivers (I think it's the same utility in the Catalyst drivers (although that may be remenant of the omegas I had installed for cat3.7).

The Rage3Dtweak gives you more control, but can often top out before the card (was a probelm with the R9600Pros), I also found I was able to push the card higher with Rage3D tweak than with Radclocker on my R9600, but that may be different with the R9700P.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I use JB-Weld because it's both good and cheap. You can use Artic Silver Epoxy if you want slightly better and terribly expensive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>