ActiveX controls

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a site that I have to go to to
get monthly reports, they use Crystal Decisions Crystal Reports. Up until
the end of February - it worked fine. Now it comes up wanting to install
activex control, to which I reply ok they I get a window that says "windows
has found a problem with this file name: activexviewer.cab publisher:
unknown publisher This file was blocked because it does not have a valid
digital signature"
I also get this same error when trying to upgrade my msn messenger v 7.0 beta
Can anyone help me please???? The site had me totally remove from the
registry etc the viewer and re-install it and still - no luck
thanks

"unsigned activeX" has a radio button to select for 'enable" in IE, tools, options, security tab, "custom level' button.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"canuckmickey" <canuckmickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4AC14A2-6219-474F-BEF6-40AB9C4E397C@microsoft.com...
> Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a site that I have to go to to
> get monthly reports, they use Crystal Decisions Crystal Reports. Up until
> the end of February - it worked fine. Now it comes up wanting to install
> activex control, to which I reply ok they I get a window that says "windows
> has found a problem with this file name: activexviewer.cab publisher:
> unknown publisher This file was blocked because it does not have a valid
> digital signature"
> I also get this same error when trying to upgrade my msn messenger v 7.0 beta
> Can anyone help me please???? The site had me totally remove from the
> registry etc the viewer and re-install it and still - no luck
> thanks

thanks mark - but that didn't solve the problem either.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> "unsigned activeX" has a radio button to select for 'enable" in IE, tools, options, security tab, "custom level' button.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "canuckmickey" <canuckmickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4AC14A2-6219-474F-BEF6-40AB9C4E397C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a site that I have to go to to
> > get monthly reports, they use Crystal Decisions Crystal Reports. Up until
> > the end of February - it worked fine. Now it comes up wanting to install
> > activex control, to which I reply ok they I get a window that says "windows
> > has found a problem with this file name: activexviewer.cab publisher:
> > unknown publisher This file was blocked because it does not have a valid
> > digital signature"
> > I also get this same error when trying to upgrade my msn messenger v 7.0 beta
> > Can anyone help me please???? The site had me totally remove from the
> > registry etc the viewer and re-install it and still - no luck
> > thanks

Also, IE, tools menu, options, Advanced tab, has a Security area, and a few checkboxes for signing, and certificates.