Installing additional license on second pc

I just purchased an additonal XP Pro License online from Microsoft to install
on an additional PC. How to? Use the original XP Pro disc and change the
license? Please help.
9 answers Last reply
More about installing additional license

    Lizzie;
    You do not need to change anything since the Product Key is not on the CD.
    Simply install normally.
    When asked for the Product Key, use the new one instead.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Lizzie wrote:
    > I just purchased an additonal XP Pro License online from Microsoft to
    > install on an additional PC. How to? Use the original XP Pro disc and
    > change the license? Please help.

    Install Windows XP on the other PC.
    Activate it.
    Use it.

    Keep the proof of purchase for both licenses somewhere safe.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    I called Microsoft where I was instructed to do the same as you are
    mentioning. Now I am getting error 426 and the "screen of death".

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > Lizzie;
    > You do not need to change anything since the Product Key is not on the CD.
    > Simply install normally.
    > When asked for the Product Key, use the new one instead.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just purchased an additonal XP Pro License online from Microsoft to
    > >install
    > > on an additional PC. How to? Use the original XP Pro disc and change the
    > > license? Please help.

    Sorry for the lengthy explain....

    "Lizzie" wrote:

    > I just purchased an additonal XP Pro License online from Microsoft to install
    > on an additional PC. How to? Use the original XP Pro disc and change the
    > license? Please help.

    Lizzie;
    Start all over:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

    Or are you attempting an upgrade?

    --

    >I called Microsoft where I was instructed to do the same as you are
    > mentioning. Now I am getting error 426 and the "screen of death".
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Lizzie;
    >> You do not need to change anything since the Product Key is not on the
    >> CD.
    >> Simply install normally.
    >> When asked for the Product Key, use the new one instead.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.dts-l.org

    No, I am not attempting an upgrade. I am attempting to "right the wrong" by
    purchasing an additional license for my 10 y/o granddaughter's PC. I
    initially paid one of my computer consultants employees for my business
    office to revamp and upgrade her PC. Three years later I discover I had
    pirated software which is now beginning to misfunction. Trying to be a good
    girl! So, XP Pro is already installed and I was told to use "My Licensed
    Disk" to reactivate.....Big problems....

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > Lizzie;
    > Start all over:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
    >
    > Or are you attempting an upgrade?
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I called Microsoft where I was instructed to do the same as you are
    > > mentioning. Now I am getting error 426 and the "screen of death".
    > >
    > > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Lizzie;
    > >> You do not need to change anything since the Product Key is not on the
    > >> CD.
    > >> Simply install normally.
    > >> When asked for the Product Key, use the new one instead.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > >> http://www.dts-l.org

    Lizzie;
    In that case perform a Repair Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm
    Use the new Product Key.
    All data should be safe.

    Also see:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/invalpk.htm

    --

    In news:8B0DA526-A807-4EEE-8E88-C9906C1F7D37@microsoft.com,
    Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
    > No, I am not attempting an upgrade. I am attempting to "right the
    > wrong" by purchasing an additional license for my 10 y/o
    > granddaughter's PC. I initially paid one of my computer consultants
    > employees for my business office to revamp and upgrade her PC. Three
    > years later I discover I had pirated software which is now beginning
    > to misfunction. Trying to be a good girl! So, XP Pro is already
    > installed and I was told to use "My Licensed Disk" to
    > reactivate.....Big problems....

    Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
    if using the web based newsgroup.
    I need to change my XP Product KEY #18 on the FAQ list
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html

    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Lizzie;
    >> Start all over:
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
    >>
    >> Or are you attempting an upgrade?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.dts-l.org
    >>

    >> "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I called Microsoft where I was instructed to do the same as you are
    >>> mentioning. Now I am getting error 426 and the "screen of death".

    I have done all of the support info given to me. I cannot complete some areas
    because my pc keeps booting to a screen which tells me "windows is starting
    up" then tells me to install my CD which only keeps telling me "windows is
    starting"...39 minutes left....I saw this the entire night last
    night....Please Help!!!

    "Michael Stevens" wrote:

    > In news:8B0DA526-A807-4EEE-8E88-C9906C1F7D37@microsoft.com,
    > Lizzie <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
    > > No, I am not attempting an upgrade. I am attempting to "right the
    > > wrong" by purchasing an additional license for my 10 y/o
    > > granddaughter's PC. I initially paid one of my computer consultants
    > > employees for my business office to revamp and upgrade her PC. Three
    > > years later I discover I had pirated software which is now beginning
    > > to misfunction. Trying to be a good girl! So, XP Pro is already
    > > installed and I was told to use "My Licensed Disk" to
    > > reactivate.....Big problems....
    > >

    > Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
    > if using the web based newsgroup.
    > I need to change my XP Product KEY #18 on the FAQ list
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html
    >
    > > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Lizzie;
    > >> Start all over:
    > >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
    > >>
    > >> Or are you attempting an upgrade?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > >> http://www.dts-l.org
    > >>

    > >> "Lizzie" <Lizzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Microsoft License Windows XP