Windows XP SP2 problems

Last response: in Networking
April 13, 2005 5:55:37 AM

Hi,
Says I have an invalid WEP key after installing the XP
service pack 2. Had to use system restore and go back to
SP1 to get my network connection to work properly. Are
there known issues with the MN-510 and SP2?
Thanks,
Carolyn

More about : windows sp2 problems

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:04:20 AM

Can anyone please help with this? Kind of disapointing to
see the XP expert answer other people's questions and not
bother with mine.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 8:48:56 PM

Carolyn:

I was told that this is a known issue with XP SP2. Are you receiving the
"Limited or No Connection" error message? I was getting the same thing, and
found the info here helpful:

http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

Hope this helps.

"Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Says I have an invalid WEP key after installing the XP
> service pack 2. Had to use system restore and go back to
> SP1 to get my network connection to work properly. Are
> there known issues with the MN-510 and SP2?
> Thanks,
> Carolyn
April 19, 2005 12:22:55 PM

Thanks so much for your response. I'll check this out.
Again, thanks so much for answering me. I was kind of
stunned that nobody from microsoft would offer any kind
of assistance.
Carolyn

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:00:59 PM

Carolyn, this is a public newsgroup which happens to begin on news servers
owned by Microsoft. There isn't much active Microsoft participation at all
in a lot of the newsgroups, only peer support, by design.

In the case of Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, the
product line was discontinued (April 2004, I believe) and the unit disbanded
at Microsoft. No one is home any more. 8-)
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

!