every time i try to run a MS-DOS prgram like sysedit or edit, i get a warning
box that says the title is 16 bit Windows subsytem, and
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close to terminate the
application'

EVE

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

I havnt got a clue what it means but i get the same message myself and it is
realy annoying. I can't use Smart Restore neither can i install
Software/Programs/Games. If you find out what it is will you help me please
Cheers
eve :)

"Mike74f" wrote:

> every time i try to run a MS-DOS prgram like sysedit or edit, i get a warning
> box that says the title is 16 bit Windows subsytem, and
> c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close to terminate the
> application'

Byte

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based prog
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem error while installing or running a DOS application
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/16bit.htm

"eve" wrote:

> I havnt got a clue what it means but i get the same message myself and it is
> realy annoying. I can't use Smart Restore neither can i install
> Software/Programs/Games. If you find out what it is will you help me please
> Cheers
> eve :)
>
> "Mike74f" wrote:
>
> > every time i try to run a MS-DOS prgram like sysedit or edit, i get a warning
> > box that says the title is 16 bit Windows subsytem, and
> > c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running
> > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close to terminate the
> > application'

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D3035EDA-8A7B-4834-AD9C-88AE684EBD61@microsoft.com,
Mike74f <Mike74f@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> every time i try to run a MS-DOS prgram like sysedit or edit, i get a
> warning box that says the title is 16 bit Windows subsytem, and
> c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close to
> terminate the application'

Try Kelly's site:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

Galen

EVE

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

Hi,
I cannot thank you enough. I have tryed a lot of things to fix that error
but nothing worked as soon as i installed that patch i could instantly use
smart restore so thank you thank you thank you

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:D3035EDA-8A7B-4834-AD9C-88AE684EBD61@microsoft.com,
> Mike74f <Mike74f@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > every time i try to run a MS-DOS prgram like sysedit or edit, i get a
> > warning box that says the title is 16 bit Windows subsytem, and
> > c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for
> > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close to
> > terminate the application'
>
> Try Kelly's site:
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2B432CCD-90DC-49C6-9BE2-5710FFDEF181@microsoft.com,
eve <eve@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
> I cannot thank you enough. I have tryed a lot of things to fix that
> error but nothing worked as soon as i installed that patch i could
> instantly use smart restore so thank you thank you thank you

Don't thank me, thank Kelly ;) She's great isn't she?

Galen