Broken Support Download? - KB885222

I've tried to download the "Update for Windows XP (KB885222)" from three
different PCs -- all without success. This appears to be a problem on
Microsoft's side. Download attempts have been both via Windows validation
and via opting out of validation on a third machine. The results are the
same -- upon clicking the Download button, a small window opens in the upper
right corner of my display (title: "about:blank" -- no address or menu bars).
Ctrl-N from this window spawns a new window that opens to my IE Home page.

Please advise if the nature of this post is inappropriate for this NG, and,
if so, a pointer to a more appropriate NG would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Robert M. Taylor

It looks as if it's not available from the MS site right now.
It's possible that they've removed it for a good reason but if
you want to live dangerously, it's still available here:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/winxp-1394.html

A more appropriate newsgroup for your question would be this one
which is dedicated to Windows Update:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&sloc=en-us

--
Nepatsfan