I have a little network set up that include my Desktop which is
running Windoze XP Home and a Laptop that is running 2000 Pro.
Suddenly the Laptop is refusing to boot up and generating a "STOP
Error" that says that I should enter Safe Mode and remove all the
peripheral hardware that is installed. When I enter Safe Mode I can't
get to a place where I can uninstall the peripherals, which are a 20
gig Pocketech drive, and a MS Wireless Network card. Nothing I do
seems to get this computer to boot past the STOP Error. Anyone know
anything about this type of error?

CDavey

Byte

Disconnect the two computers and try again.